Thursday 17 April 2008

Poem: A little Crush

A LITTLE CRUSH

 

 

I look at you, and my eyes demand a second glance

You look at me, and the butterflies in my stomach begin to dance

You turn your face around, and give me a funny stare

So much concern and love I try to show you

But you just don’t seem to care.

 

Knowing not how to impress, I turn up doing something wild

You laugh under your breath and murmur to yourself,  “she is such a child”

Child??? Me??? I am 18-year-old adult I announce

Then there is a flashback of my craziness. “Sorry”. I pronounce.

 

When you come in front of me, my heart beats faster

I fumble for words, make no sense..…my vocab??? A perfect disaster

I forget my way & what work was to be done??

I just turn cold, standing and baking in the hot sun

 

I wait and wait to hear from you. Your warm talks and your giggles

My heart questions me…does he too feel these tickles???

Why am I so good to him? What does he mean to me?

Why do I get so drawn towards him? What is so different that I see?

 

I talk and talk to you, yet there is so much I want to say

To hear some stuff from your side too I pray

Do I follow my instincts? Or am I practical?

Thinking of you in the mid-night, I feel its all a miracle.

 

Why am I being so silly? Is it all normal?

“Friendship” is such a casual relationship yet I be so formal

So different feels everything, “a full moon night”…. so romantic!!!

When the rain pours outdoor, I turn I little poetic.

 

Why is this all happening to me,

Can someone give me an answer as such???

Why do I think of you sooooo much??

Take it easy dear, its just a little crush!!!!!!!

 

 

1 comment:

  1. A nice poem and beautifully expresses the crush! Nice to know my cousins being in love and may u guys forever be!

    ReplyDelete